A career related website

Hello dear readers today I want to tell you about this very cool website that I don't use because it's ilegal, so don't use it.

This site is called sci-hub and it hosts a very large amount of science related papers (and some books), which as some of you may know some publishers and sites will charge you money to acces them.

I certainly never visit this website when a teacher asks us to read a scientific paper which is around once every two months.

I don't like this website because it takes the money away from the poor publishers that take the biggest share of the profits made by selling knowledge.

This nefarious site works by having a big search bar where you put the "doi" code of the science paper or book that an evildoer wants to pirate. Since every science text has a "doi" code that is displayed in the official site where it's hosted or web store where it's sold, anyone can copy it and paste it in the search bar to gain acces to it.

I wouldn't recommend this website, although it makes very easy to get acces to a paper and tries to make knowledge part of the public domain instead of gatekeep it, this kind of web is ilegal and so you, dear reader, shoudn't use it.

I'm telling you this so you can avoid it and pay for the real deal (even though some of you don't have money), take care and goodbye. 




Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

My favorite piece of technology

My autobiography

A photograph I like